Sunday, June 5, 2011

Some Pictures Make me Smile...

There are some pictures that make me smile. ..And feel a little sad. For 13 years I have been going to soccer games. This was Stephen's final year in soccer. The year he has been waiting for. All 10 of these seniors have worked hard. They were all starters. They are all good soccer players. They were state ranked. They won their District and by a fluke lost a game that ended their season way too soon.

But this pictures reminds me of how some may feel a season is wasted because of the outcome; this bunch did not waste their season. They worked hard on the soccer field but they also enjoyed the journey of the season. Stephen came home saying what fun he had. He had fun playing soccer games they had lost and fun just practicing. He had fun on the games out of town and he had fun winning. The journey was fun. They took the game very serious but they also loved the game.


I hope I remember that. I sometimes am in such a hurry to get to the end of a project, I forget to live in the moment and enjoy the journey. These pictures were taken on Sr night after a serious Sr picture. What good memories and hopefully life long lessons.





No comments: